Thursday 25 March 2010

Dance the way I feel

I've been uplifted in so many wonderful ways in the last 12 hours. I've been finding a few things difficult of late and really struggling, so I started meditating more - guess, in my own way, it's a modern version of the old school prayer that I was brought up with.

I went to a friend's concert last night in a beautiful Cathedral about 40 minutes walk from the flat. She sings in a Gospel choir and the vibe was incredible. Almost made me want to turn Gospel, just to join in that joyful and uplifting music. Rest assured I was smiling, clapping and seat-dancing the whole way through. There were moments that made me cry though, of course: Bridge Over Troubled Water will always get me, each and every time. I don't think it is sadness though. I think it is the beauty of the words. And perhaps also the recognition of how human I am and how much I need love and support in my life.

When you're weary / Feeling small / When tears are in your eyes / I will dry them all / I'm on your side / When times get rough 

It's all we need isn't it? Someone to be on our side. Someone to hold us when we're feeling small, or tired, or lonely.

I woke this morning to more. An email from a beautiful friend of mine. I didn't realise until she sent me a long email how much I missed her.Her words made me feel close to her, made me feel part of her life. I also had another long email from someone else I love, with a random photo attached of a headless hammer (that he'd somehow managed to break) and a brilliant music track that most people have probably heard of, but not me: Ou est le swimming pool, Dance the way I feel. I did. I admit it. I danced in the living room.

It strikes me again: love makes my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.