Saturday 20 March 2010

Monkey poo

Did my first solo run for ages. Remembered how much I love running to the Daft Punk, Homework album.

Not the prettiest run and riddled with people clearly practicing for the world's slowest walker competition, but a good route - some long gentle slopes, some very steep and short slopes and some short runs of steps. Good muscle use.

The nicest thing? In my opinion, Hong Kong Park at the end where I stopped to watch the monkeys mess around and, it seems, make 'mess' too. Nice. In my mother's opinion, probably the Catholic Cathedral I found next to the park. She will be happy to know that there is one in this (slightly less now) Godforsaken country. Not that I could enter in my teeny shorts and running top, especially purchased a few weeks ago for the purposes of running in temperature in the 20s and humidity over 80%. Good call that was.

Anyway, now that I am shattered, dripping sweat all over the flat and aching all over, I am ready to continue my day. Hopefully with the purchase of bright red nail varnish to match my ear-rings this evening. When I can handle the thought of moving again.

Wishing you all a wonderfully happy start to your weekends too. X

PS For proof I ran, check out the glowing red colour of my face.

No wonder everyone was looking at me! I thought it was my athletic running style - clearly they all thought I was about to kark it.

2 comments:

  1. you seem way too smiley for someone thats just done a run - my face is normally contorting and heaving with pain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joe! You clearly don't run enough. ;-)

    Seriously, don't forget this is me at the end - I was happy I'd stopped. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to see your thoughts.