Friday 5 March 2010

Fur balls and baby goats

Our cleaner came today. Prior to her arrival I glanced down at the floor, to see how dirty I'd managed to make it in just one week, alone. I noticed with horror that the tiled floor seemed almost carpeted with my hair. It's been so long since I had proper long hair that I just hadn't realised how much I shed and here was me blaming my poor boyfriend for moulting his mane over my floor for the last six months. I owe him an apology!

Secondly, 10 members of my family are currently (and have been for a few months) writing a story together about a Count and Countess and their lives. It is quite insane and includes talking dwarf (twin) goats, talking beavers, downtown Toronto bankers and hallucinogenic products (among other things). Opening the latest submission, I discovered that my darling mother is trying to sell off (for the highest price) a whole herd of baby orphaned goats to one of a few new Caribbean restaurants opening in town. And the two dwarf twin goats, with whom I have a slight affinity (suspecting them to be based on me and my sister as we are both Capricorns). I could not believe my eyes. Another shock before breakfast! Do not fear however. I have remedied the situation with the introduction of more hallucinogenics and the creation of an evil cousin that looks remarkably like our Countess. We shall see what comes next.

If any of my clever brothers manages to put the document on a website, I'll link you to it. We find it hilarious, but perhaps it would only work if you knew our family and their insanities inside out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.