Wednesday 10 March 2010

Elephants and humous

Two issues, one serious, the other (despite its inclusion in many of my blogs) less so.

Elephant and ivory trading
 
Two African countries are seeking to break the ban on ivory trading, which could bring elephants closer to extinction. However many African states and conservationists support extending the ban. The decision will be made at a UN meeting in Doha on 13 March in three days.

If you would like to find out more or to sign a petition against ivory trading, please click here and enter the relevant information. If you want to find out more about Avaaz.org, the organisation responsible for the petition, then click here. I would encourage you to at least check the site out, even if you decide not to sign. Thank you. xx

Humous

It turns out that there are many spellings of this word which (according to my darling friend Ziggy) can include: hummus, hamos, houmous, hommos, hommus, hummos, hummous or humus. I am pretty sure I can also spell it the way I've been spelling it, but you get the gist. In English we tend not to use 'humus' due to it's earthy connections.

I will be making my own if I don't find some soon. I have oat and pumpkin seed crackers ready and waiting to be dipped and crunched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to see your thoughts.