Sunday 7 March 2010

The little girl with the big red flower

There was a little girl in the lift on the way up to the flat just now. Cute little girl around seven years old or so. She had a big, beautiful red flower in her hand. She held it up and twirled it at me, while grinning a happy, gappy smile. I smiled back. Then she looked up at the camera that the security guards use to keep an eye on us all and she held up the flower as high as she could and twirled it at them. She gave them a big happy, gappy smile too. I thought she was so sweet. She thought of everyone. Even the people she couldn't see, but that she knew would be there, watching.

Why did that have such an impact on me? I don't know. I think it was the way that something so simple made her so happy and the way she shared her happiness with everyone she could think of, whether she knew them or could see them, or not. It's left me with a happy glow in my heart and a smile on my face.

Despite the fact that I have still not found humous.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that houmous? (Maybe *that's* why you haven't found it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, not sure. Tried googling it. Why don't you check? It's definitely not humus. That's earth-related.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to see your thoughts.